Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election/H2O Project

Election reflection


I am happy with the results of the election, because i am a Obama supporter and i am very glad that he won. I am also a little shocked, because its hard to believe that the election is finally over.
My hopes for this country are that we end the war in Iraq, and overcome the financial crisis.
My concerns are that our current situation becomes worse.
I have a fairly high level of civic knowledge, and i have been becoming more aware of our country over the past few months.
The thing that has been helpful to me is our blogs, because i have to do a little research on the blog topic, and all of the article i read about the topic help me understand it better.
When i have conversations about politics outside of class i feel smart and informed, because i am up to date, and i understand politics much more than i did before.


H2O Project

To start this project the i will need to...
  • Do research on Ocean beach, and find out more about how the cleanliness of the beach and to what extent people have gotten sick from swimming in the water.
  • I will also interview people who go to the beach regularly, and people who live in the area, and work in the shops. I am going to ask them about how they feel about having dirty beaches, and what negative effects it has on their health, and the popularity of the beach.
  • I am going to put the information into an article, and i would like to also have some photography components.
  • my schedule for this project over the next two weeks will be interviewing people over the weekends, i ant to get started this weekend by interviewing people i know, and next weekend i will interview people at the beach an working in shops next weekend. I also want to try to get a few done spare time during the week. I will do my additional research, and writing my article during project time at school and at home.

Interview questions

  • what changes have you noticed at the beach due to pollution and trash?
  • has the pollution at the beach effected your health?
  • how does trash effect the aesthetic of the beach?
  • does the dirtiness of the beach discourage you from going?

No comments: