Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Magazine reflection II

1)I think one of my writings biggest improvements is that i took out the filler words, and unnecessary sentences-and made my writing flow, and get to the point, without being too long. I used to think when it came to writing, having the longest paper is what makes it good writing. However when i would read through my work i realized that my writing conveyed that i was just trying to get my work done instead of doing a good job at it.

2)Overall it think my writing structure is the best part of my writing-but still i need to work on the flow, my word choice, and adding "character" to my writing.

3)One specific part of my article that i improved on was the sentence "I get them on the press boat and we make our little press boat grouping, its usually the pilot boat we go out on, and we follow all the ships coming in and sometimes the crew men on the ship will be up in the rigging, and its very stately." I changed it to "I get them on the press boat and we make our press boat grouping. It's usually the pilot boat we go out on.We follow the ships coming in. Sometimes the crewmen on the ship will be up in the rigging, and people will be out on the deck waving-It's all really colorful." I improved it by making it into separate sentences, taking out unnecessary words, and parts from different paragraphs.


4)I learned that the content of your writing is much more important than the length.
Quality over Quantity.

No comments: